A personalised, inspirational programme for senior leaders with cross-school responsibilities including experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, SENCOs, subject leaders working across MATs and SLEs. We welcome applicants from across Devon and the South West. Starts in October 2020.
The range and quality of our training including face to face, online learning and individual coaching is highly rated: “DTSP holds a very strong quality rating with a 100% pass rate. Support for participants exceeds expectations, demonstrating exceptional performance, 100% of participants would recommend this programme” Tribal QA report 2020
The NPQSL programme is designed to develop the leadership potential of Senior Leaders leading a team across their school. They will be supported to further develop key leadership behaviours: Vision, Collaboration, Personal Drive, Resilience, Interpersonal and Intra-personal Awareness, Integrity and Respect.
They will achieve this through an improvement project that they will work with a team across the school to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching. The programme will last 4 terms by which time they will have submitted for assessment a 5,000 word assignment which covers the initiation, implementation and evaluation of the project.
- Led by an experienced Headteacher and the Director of DTSP who understand whole school improvement processes and the key part distributed leadership plays within its success.
- A personalised programme that endeavours to support Senior Leaders develop their own leadership style and apply their learning within their own context.
- Inspirational trainers who have developed the key skills of Senior Leaders within their own schools and beyond
- Excellent face to face leadership training days aligned to a core theme of transformational change
- School visits: Membership of an Action Learning Set to compare and analyse change in different schools.
- Two coaching sessions provided within the SL’s school to explore their personal leadership development
- High quality online research and reading across four modules to challenge thinking and support your project
Application deadline Monday 28th September 2020
For further details, including course outline and facilitators, please visit our website at: http://www.dpscitt.ac.uk/418/npqsl
|Event Date||Multiple Date Event|
Two Rivers Institute is pleased to be able to offer a full range of NQT Induction and Programme Services to local schools.
The appointment of an Appropriate Body (AB) is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an AB, TRI will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf.
This will include:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal
- Notifying the Teaching Regulation Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and advice line for support and guidance
NQT Induction Services
In addition to TRI’s role acting as an Appropriate Body to undertake the verification of NQT induction assessments, TRI is able to support schools by providing access to a full range of services to ensure that all NQTs are successfully inducted into the teaching profession.
This can include but is not limited to:
- Training for NQT mentors in Summer Term of AY1920 to ensure the mentors are fully prepared to support their NQTs in AY2021
- Programme of professional themes seminars aimed specifically at NQTs
- Lesson observations with developmental feedback (written and verbal) against the teaching standards
- Coaching sessions
|Event Date||Multiple Date Event|